It is now that time of year when you start feeling a little more festive. Christmas lights switch on, families and friends start planning get-togethers and gatherings and out come the cosy jumpers and woolly hats. Planning gifts and hosting dinner parties may seem jolly but some people may be feeling stress and a bit anxious travelling with oxygen over the Christmas season.
Do not worry at all here at OxygenWorldwide we can let you spend more time downloading your favourite book, Christmas playlist and purchasing presents for your loved ones so just leave the organisation of medical oxygen for you travel needs to us!
Here are 5 top tips when travelling with oxygen over the festive period:
1) Make sure you have notified everyone on your expected times of arrival and where you are staying to ensure that your supply arrives at the correct location / date / time
2) Ensure you pack everything you will need for the destination you are visiting. Especially over the winter months take extra care in packing the right clothes for the temperature. Many countries over winter months drop and you will need to keep warm
3) Always take more than enough supply of medication with you – transportation car / train / boar or plane especially in colder climates could be delayed or cancelled and pro-long your trip
4) If you are staying with friends and family make sure they have OWW contact details as we are available for help 24/7 and can help if something goes wrong with your oxygen supply during your trip
5) Most of all enjoy Christmas and unwind. Relaxing is the best medicine as well as laughter and joy. Make memories during your trip that will last a lifetime.
Soon we may be delivering your medical oxygen by arrangement of drone transportation! It is probably no surprise that drones can be used to not only help in emergencies but also may soon replace our ‘postie’ or delivery driver. The ease and use of these mean that one day medical oxygen can be sent to the most remote places or even beat the traffic jams, most importantly vital in an emergency case with a patient.
We hope to reach more patients and also faster with this technology, but we will see – can you see the future and drones will be delivering your medical oxygen when on holiday?
Our team of experts have been thinking outside the box for 23 years!
For those who know we have been helping people travel abroad for holidays, trips and to visit loved ones for a long time. We have built up some great relationships across the world which help us get you reliable services 24/7.
Thinking outside the box means you can trust us to get your enquiry proposal to be the best competitive quote for quality service.
We are also always on hand with any query whilst you are away to give you that security and back-up when travelling abroad.
Our team can speak a range of various languages to also help in translation.
Now for all of you out there who may enjoy a sing in the shower, bursting out at home whilst cleaning, singing along to your Alexa or Google hone so of you may who may not sing either but have lung problems or breathing difficulties read this!
Even listening to music can help you mentally feel much happier, positive and upbeat (pardon the pun!). This is turn will make you feel so much healthier in day to day life. You may already take part in a singing group or just as a hobby at home or in the car but it is said that due to its positivity an improvement in your health will ultimately help you. Music and other creative activities can make you feel healthier and more positive. There’s increasing evidence that singing regularly as part of a group is good for your soul and health. It seems to be especially good at improving your quality of life if you’re living with a lung condition.
There are no excuses to improve your health with a lung condition especially those who have medical oxygen to aid breathing to make sure you…
Sing to your heart’s content
Now its time to play your favourite classic record, turn on your favourite radio station or watch and discover new music on YouTube or spotify. Create your own set of playlists for you to listen to depending on your mood that day.
Whether this is rock, pop, jazz, swing or simple melodies, classical or rap – any genre of music and singing will improve your well-being.
Keep your medical equipment in safe places and always upright and any spares keep away from heat indoors or behind curtains
Don’t get too hot! Keep any portable oxygen concentrators, medical oxygen tanks away from fires, candles, stoves and heaters that are on during the colder months to avoid explosions.
Going outside? Prepare well as extreme changes in temperature may cause condensation in your tank or cracking on any tubing. Keep what you can under your clothes or a blanket to kept equipment insulated.
The European Lung Association show us the The Hypoxic Challenge test, also known as a fit to fly test.
You breathe in air that has less oxygen than normally and the test monitors the results. The test will help decide if you need oxygen when you fly and then you can prepare to organise this for your next trip.
Cluster headaches happen in periods and are one of the most painful type of headache with very intense pain – usually in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep. Here are some types of treatment that can help relieve cluster headaches:
Oxygen – Using oxygen can help reduce and give relief of symptoms. Using this method of oxygen is safe and there are many portable oxygen concentrators available to hire or buy on the market. If you need to go on holiday then you can speak to OxygenWorldwide to help arrange what oxygen you need whilst abroad.
2. Triptans – This is an injection format to teat the headaches and used mainly for the less aggressive migraine. To start with you can go to your GP or specialist to learn how to inject to begin with. This method acts faster than for example inhaling with a nasal spray but you may feel more comfortable with a spray than an injection.
3. Local anesthetics – This method is a better form if you prefer to have something through the nose and can be used over the injection method.
Cluster headaches range in severeness so you would need to discuss all your options with your specialist to find out and discuss what is right for you. Sufferers need some form of relief as it is very painful and disruptive to your day-to-day life.