We are all living through strange times at the moment as the whole world is going into lockdown with Covid-19. As we all learn to social distance and be at home more how can you stop boredom or getting anxiety?
Here are a few things to do to make sure during these times you have a bit of self-care and keep positive, even if you are also dealing with a condition and part of the vulnerable groups of people living with respiratory health problems and using medical oxygen to help you get by each day:
- Daily exercises – maintain your daily exercises and stretching to keep up movement and health. Exercising not only helps you stay fit and strengthen muscles but it will boost being positive and an aid a good routine for the day.
- Be kind to yourself – If you don’t feel up to doing anything one day let yourself relax, do not get stressed out by these feelings as you will feel more anxious. We all need a rest and time off now and again so just have that lay in or nap as your body is telling you to do so!
- Keep in touch – Have a system where you keep in touch with friends and family each week – this may be a certain time each day or week or even a virtual call from your computer. Seeing faces and talking to loved ones really keeps you connected and happy. It’s always good to talk and also means you can check in with people to see if they are doing OK.
- If you condition worsens or you have problems with your medication, medical oxygen supply don’t at all feel like you are being a burden to the GP, Hospitals or suppliers. Your health is important and even more so right now so if you need help or you wake up one day and don’t feel right please call and get in touch as it may be important.
- Finally use the time to teach yourself something new. Have you always wanted to learn a language, read that book you never get around to or even plan your next holiday. We have more time than ever to really sink our teeth and thoughts into being a better cook, baking a cake, take up a course online or even just getting creative and reading up on your next plan – its time to plan that next adventure and remember we can still help you on your travels so please do look up our recommendations and links!