For nearly 22 years we have been arranging medical oxygen on the Spanish Canary Islands Not only Gran Canaria and Tenerife but also the smaller islands like La Palma de Gran Canaria, Hierro, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Gomera.
OxygenWorldwide provides Gran Canaria & Tenerife with LOX Liquid oxygen (LOX), concentrators (CON), portable concentrators (POC) and large cylinders (GOX /BOT).
For all other islands we can arrange concentrators (CON) and/or portable concentrators (POC) in combination with a stationary concentrator (CON) for use indoors and/or during the night.
OxygenWorldwide provides our own ‘Airport Service’ (A.S) in the 100 countries where we are active. We provide an Airport Service at all Canary Islands but in principal only during weekdays (Monday – Friday). But if you requires this service during the weekend please contact our 24/7 helpdesk (in 5 languages) to check whether we can still accomodate you and make this possible.
An Airport Servcie means that we have, on your arrival, someone at the door of the aircraft to hand you over a portable oxygen device so you can make your way to your hotel etc. with oxygen. On your departure we will again have someone at the door of the aircraft who will collect the equipment again from you. In case, due to custom regulations, we can not meet you at the door of the aircraft we will have someone to meet you in another place within the airport.
Mainly due to the perfect climate, especially in the winter time, many people spend their winters at one of the Canary Islands. As we at OxygenWorldwide have been in the medical oxygen business for over 22 years we know more than anyone else that being mobile is the most important thing when it comes to holiday making. Therefore we constantly strive to try to improve the provision of mobile oxygen equipment. For years only liquid oxygen was in demand and needed to be made to be mobile by means of a stroller, which was filled on a base unit. However currently many oxygen users prefer the portable concentrator.
In cases where you may want to bring your own portable oxygen concentrator but a back-up is required in case the POC might break down or is not suitable to use 24 hors per day, OxygenWorldwide can arrange a back-up cylinder for inhouse use and/or during the night.
For more info please contact OxygenWorldwide on [email protected] or call us on +34 96 688 28 73
We hope you have a great stay on the Canary Islands.
The wonder of lightweight and portable devices is that you can get out of the house and keep active, however it is medical equipment containing a gas that aids combustion, so safety precautions should be taken for your own safety.
• It is recommended that you carry a copy of your documentation with you such as your Medical Oxygen Data Sheet.
• Inform your car insurance company that you intend to carry oxygen in your car.
• Keep the car well ventilated, open a window and set the ventilation to take in air from outside.
• Do not smoke or allow others in the car to smoke.
• Never transport the liquid oxygen mother unit container in the car.
• If possible carry your spare cylinders securely in the boot of the car. Use a cargo net to secure them properly.
• Remember to also secure the ambulatory cylinders or portable liquid flask in your car to prevent any harm coming to passengers or to the vehicle.
• Keep the amount of oxygen that you transport to a minimum and don’t transport large, high capacity cylinders in the car.
• Instead of placing the equipment loose on the back seat, strap it into the seat with a seat belt or place securely in the foot well in the back.
In summary remember that if loose the equipment could shift or move and damage the car, the passengers or the equipment itself so secure it well.
Also due to oxygen’s ability to aid combustion you need to keep the car well-ventilated in case of a leak to prevent a build-up of the gas within the car and to not smoke around it.
Carry documentation in case of an accident as if you are unconscious the emergency services could then be made aware of it’s presence and also of your medical need for oxygen which could save your life.
Oxygen is an amazing substances that also has a variety of applications in our every day lives.
• Every living creature and plant requires oxygen to survive.
• Oxygen therapy is prescribed for patients diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) as well as other medical conditions, that require oxygen to be administered at home to aid in the treatment of that condition. The use of pressurized oxygen therapy has also provided outstanding medical benefits.
• Oxygen is a standard treatment for many patients that find themselves in hospital, which have a huge supply on site.
• The production of steel is reliant upon oxygen where it is used in a blast furnace to turn carbon into carbon dioxide, which reduces the iron oxides to pure iron.
• Oxygen is also used in torches for cutting and welding. Oxygen reacts with hydrogen in which it can heat to over 5,000 degrees. These torches can cut through or weld together most metallic substances.
• As a liquid, oxygen is used widely both medically and industrially, most commonly as an oxidizing agent for use in missiles and rockets where it reacts with liquid hydrogen to produce the thrust for take-off. Astronauts’ spacesuits have close to pure oxygen.
• Hydrocarbons are broken apart by heating them with oxygen. This method is used to induce combustion in order to produce water and carbon dioxide. Also if the mixture is controlled it can break apart the hydrocarbons to produce acetylene, propylene and ethylene.
• Oxygen is also used at plants that treat sewage or purify water. Oxygen is pumped through water to increase the production of natural bacteria, which break down waste products.
• Oxygen as a gas is required to produce energy in industrial processes, generators and ships and it is also used in airplanes and cars.
References: http://www.ehow.com and http://www.usesof.net/uses-of-oxygen.html
When oxygen is in a cold state ( -183ºC), it turns to liquid. More oxygen molecules fit into the same space when in liquid form compared to when it is a gas and so liquid gas only takes up 10% of the space that compressed oxygen does. Therefore this liquid allows for a greater amount of oxygen to be placed in a tank and it weighs less than a compressed oxygen tank.
Liquid oxygen is stored in an insulated stainless steel low pressure container that works in a similar way to a Thermos flask. These base units store and hold the liquid oxygen at an extremely low temperature. As with the compressed oxygen, it can be filled into smaller units from the base unit so that it can be used portably.
Liquid oxygen doesn’t require power via electricity like oxygen concentrators do and also they make no noise.
There are some disadvantages in that liquid oxygen is more expensive than compressed oxygen and does not have as long of a shelf life as it will evaporate over time. Also, you will not be able to take liquid oxygen on a plane.
References: http://www.uk.airliquide.com and http://www.inogen.com
Needing medical oxygen in your life is not the end of getting around, travel, seeing the world or having fantastic vacations to the city breaks in Europe, long haul to live the dream (for 2 weeks at least) in the U. S of A. Wherever you decide to fly to and visit all you need is careful planning and Oxygen Worldwide.
Travelling as an oxygen user dependent on a source of oxygen, means that you will probably have lots of questions when thinking about going abroad – or you may never thought you could. Luckily, Oxygen Worldwide can help, advise and guide you to all those answers when it comes to travelling with oxygen, who deal with organising travel with oxygen 365 days of the year.
But who are we?
Below is a short introduction to our company, the team and what we do and our speciality is due to our knowledge, success and partnership relationships with a network of suppliers across the globe.
Oxygen Worldwide is a company under Dutch management established in 1993.
Oxygen Worldwide is based in Spain and operates internationally.
Our objective is to make travel for those who need oxygen as carefree as possible.
All Oxygen Worldwide employees are multilingual. Our customer service staff speaks four languages.
Oxygen Worldwide arranges oxygen delivery worldwide for oxygen users on holiday or staying abroad for a longer period of time, also in case of a tour through several countries.
Oxygen Worldwide arranges oxygen for individual users, insurance agencies, emergency centres and oxygen suppliers in your home country. Oxygen Worldwide delivers liquid oxygen (LOX), cylinders and concentrators.
Oxygen Worldwide has an international network of oxygen suppliers and works with associates worldwide.
If you have any question or would like to speak with us do not hesitate to contact our team at [email protected]