Here are our 5 tips to help you breathe better now we have moved into winter cold season:
- Use a scarf or mask to place around your mouth as this will make it easier to breathe in the cold winter air
- Use a humidifier at home to help keep the dry air moisturised
- For those who prefer to get outdoors remember to try to avoid the coldest part of the day
- Also move your exercises to indoors so not outside in the cold for too long
- If short of breath close your lips together when its cold
Winter is a season where it is best to make sure you are more aware of how this affects your breathing. Stay wrapped up warm, keep moving and if you have an inhaler keep this with you at all times. You may have asthma, COPD or another respiratory illness and remember just be prepared but you can still enjoy day to day activities.