Whether or not you have a respiratory condition such as COPD, asthma or even exposure to toxins or cigarette smoke, healthy lungs are important to maintain.
There has been some research into certain food groups that have good nutrition benefits to reduce damage and help to protect this vital organ.
Here are 5 foods that could help:
1. Cocoa – now we all love chocolate so putting this one top of the list! Dark chocolate contains lots of antioxidants which help to relax the airways.
2. Coffee – again a good second choice also with its antioxidants and caffeine. Caffeine helps to open up the blood vessels which benefits people with asthma conditions.
3. Tomatoes – These contain Lycopene which is a type of antioxidant so again a great food item to reduce inflammation.
4. Turmeric – Known for its positives it contains Curcumin which is what is needed to help health improvements.
5. Apples – Eating an apple a day is true, especially with its benefits and vitamin C. Apples may help towards reducing the risk of lung cancer.