Its that time of year when the summer vacation or trip across the waters is much closer that planning can commence! With research on things to do, places to see and the final itinerary those who travel with oxygen also have a checklist that cannot be left unplanned.
Here is our top 5 quick tips for those travelling with oxygen:
- It is always best to plan as far in advance as possible at least 2 months prior to your holiday. This will allow you enough time to organise oxygen at the destination plus plan and confirm any documentation you may need from your GP.
- Check temperature levels of your holiday destination so you can pack appropriate clothing. If hot make sure you keep yourself cool with a sun hat and if cold make sure you pack lots of layers to warm yourself up.
- Plan according to your mode of transport whether this is car, train, or plane. Each mode of transport has rules whilst travelling. Especially air travel you may need to obtain ‘fitness to fly’ certificate.
- Check that you have the correct volumes and amount of oxygen to last the duration of your holiday – if you are unsure then speak with your oxygen company to check and confirm.
- Consider any allergies you have and medications you take. If you are allergic to feathers, ask the hotel if anti-allergy bedding, pillows may be available and also make a note of your medication just in case you happen to fall ill on holiday.
Our experienced and friendly team can answer your questions, queries on getting oxygen and travelling with oxygen in many languages. Do give them a call on email or online enquiry here they will be happy to help!